Our Equestrian Affairs Department aims to fulfil the Club’s vision to promote riding as a sport and raise participation at all levels, from beginner through to elite. It oversees the management of four equestrian centres, including the Member’s facility at the Beas River Country Club and three public riding schools at Tuen Mun, Pok Fu Lam and Lei Yue Mun. The Beas River Equestrian Centre, being the largest in Hong Kong, houses 240 horses and provides world class facilities including a riding school, livery yard, competition centre, rehabilitation and retraining unit, as well as a spelling unit for Hong Kong’s racehorses.
· instruct group, semi-private and private lessons for riders of all ages and abilities
· exercise and maintain the fitness and training of school horses / ponies to ensure high quality lessons can be offered to clients
· allocate suitable horses and ponies for classes
· conduct training for grooms in riding and stable management
· assist in the organization of horse shows and clinics
· receive training from Chief Riding Instructor and visiting trainers
· compete in horse shows where necessary
· continue with your own education and training towards further BHS exams
· work collaboratively with all the HKJC riding schools to make best use of resources
· undertake any other duties as assigned by Management
· be a minimum of BHSAI, preferably BHSII (or equivalent qualifications) with at least two years’ experience as an instructor
· be an experienced equestrian professional with high standards of horse care
· have the ability to re-school horses and ponies
· have good people skills to deliver high quality customer service
· have the passion for teaching all levels from beginners to competition riders
· preferably be a fluent speaker of English; good understanding of Cantonese will be an advantage
· be a holder of first aid certificate
Terms of Employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contract employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.
Closing date for applications is 13 October 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified
How to apply
Please send your resume, complete with expected salary and job reference to:
Mail: Human Resources Department, 8/F Sha Tin Central Complex, Sha Tin Racecourse, NT
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
0000************* Show number